As for the repair of water leakage at the faucet joint, the cause of water leakage is nothing more than the damage of the sealing tape on the part of the faucet (fixing screw). Therefore, as long as the tap is removed by using plate pliers, a new sealing tape can be rolled on the place where the screw is fixed. Teach you how to deal with the leakage of the faucet. In daily life, sometimes you will find that the water of the faucet will drip after tightening, and it will drip continuously from the outlet or joint of the faucet, which will not only cause a lot of waste, but also cause a certain amount of trouble sometimes.
How to repair the leakage of faucet? What are the reasons for the leakage of faucet?
The causes of water leakage at water outlet are as follows:
- After the valve core is closed, the faucet still has water coming out. In this case, the pressure cap may be loose or the rubber ring at the bottom of the valve core is deformed. For the former, it is suggested that the handle and decorative cover can be removed and the pressure cap can be tightened again. For the latter, it is recommended to take out the valve core, check the rubber ring condition and then reinstall it.
- Water seeps from around the valve core. If this phenomenon occurs, the valve core may be loose or deviated. It is recommended to take out the valve core and install it again.
- The water seeps out from the middle of the valve core. In case of the above phenomenon, the valve core is damaged. At this time, it is recommended to replace the valve core.
- The water leakage at the bottom of the faucet may be caused by the O-ring of the water inlet pipe not properly installed or deformed. It is recommended to screw out the hose to see if the O-ring is loose. If it is loose, it can be re installed. If the O-ring is found to be deformed, it is recommended to replace the O-ring.How to repair the leakage of kitchen faucet?Faucet leakage is a common problem in daily life, many people do not care about this problem. But the long-term leakage of faucet will cause a lot of waste. Because of the high use frequency of faucets, water leakage is a very normal phenomenon.
How to do with water leakage?
The following small series will bring you the repair method of water leakage of faucet for your reference.
- Water leakage of water outlet: first of all, we should find out the cause of water leakage and find the right remedy. If it is the water outlet leakage, it is due to the wear of the axle gasket in the faucet. Using pliers to loosen the gland bolt and take it off. Taking out the axle shaft gasket with the clamp and replacing it with a new one.
- Water leakage in the lower part of the faucet bolt: if the lower part of the faucet is leaking, it is caused by the wear of the triangular gasket in the gland. You can turn the screw loose and take off the bolt head, then loosen the cover and take out the triangle seal inside the gland and replace it with a new one.
- Water leakage at the joint of the connecting pipe: the water leakage of the faucet may also be caused by the water leakage at the joint of the connecting pipe. The approximate reason is that the cap nut is loosed. At this time, you can re tighten the cap nut or replace with a new U-shaped gasket.
- The middle part of the valve core leaks: this phenomenon is the damage of the valve core. The solution is to replace the valve core. If the faucet leaks, replace the valve core, which will increase the maintenance cost.
- After the valve core is closed, the faucet still has water coming out: this phenomenon may be caused by the loose pressure cap of the valve core, which can not seal the water. The solution is to remove the handle and decorative cover, and tighten the pressure cap again. There is another possibility that the rubber ring at the bottom of the valve core is deformed and unable to seal water. The solution is to take out the valve core, check the rubber ring at the bottom, reset it and then re install it.
- Kitchen hot and cold faucet leakage, how to repair?
The hot and cold water faucet in the kitchen is leaking. You can change the mat or replace the new one.
- Fault causes: the general kitchen hot and cold faucet leakage are due to the use of a long time, the faucet internal gasket aging, wear and tear.
- Maintenance method:
✱Just removing the faucet and replace it with a rubber or silicone pad.
✱Just buying a new faucet spool and replace it.
✱Replacing the whole faucet directly.
The new tap will drip when it is turned off ?
A few seconds of dripping after the new faucet closing is due to the residual water in the cavity, which is a normal phenomenon. But if the water is dripping for a long time, it is likely to be the faucet problem.
- Water quality in poor
Many people don't know that poor water quality has something to do with faucets. Because the poor water quality will lead to the accumulation of garbage in the valve core, which is easy to cause the valve core to close loosely.
- Scuffing of faucet valve core
In the process of using, the valve core is scratched by the abrasion of external hard materials, which leads to the surface of the valve core being scratched in the process of opening and closing. And it can not be sealed the water leakage. Therefore, in the installation of faucets, we have to pay attention to clean up the impurities in the water pipe.
- Water connection
The connection between the water inlet hose and the main body of the faucet is leaking due to improper installation.